Do you avoid going to the dentist? This new year, resolve to take care of your smile. Scheduling regular checkups and cleanings with your dentist in Freehold, NJ is important for maintaining optimal oral health, but in between visits, you need to do your part to keep tooth decay at bay.
To help keep you on the right track, the dentists at Oakwood Dental Arts in Freehold, NJ recommend following these strategies from the American Dental Association:
- 1) Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste at least twice per day.
- 2) Use floss or an interdental tool to clean between teeth daily.
- 3) Limit snacking and eat nutritious meals.
- 4) Inquire with your dentist whether supplemental fluoride or dental sealants would be appropriate for you. Dental sealants are plastic protective coatings applied to the surfaces of back teeth where decay is typically seen.
- 5) Schedule regular dental checkups to have your teeth examined and cleaned.
Follow these guidelines to make 2014 a year of health and happiness that can be witnessed through your smile!